World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV) invites Vietnamese competent candidates for the following position:
MICRO FINANCE PROGRAM OPERATION OFFICER, work base: Hanoi.
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of more than USD20,000,000 in FY12 with funding from 16 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. WVV employs about 420 staff, of which 98% are Vietnamese nationals.
As per WV Vietnam strategy, micro finance is managed as one of its initiatives. In other word it is part of WV Vietnam and not as a separate entity like in other countries. .
Micro Finance program’s mission is to foster improvement in the quality of life among the clients in Vietnam by assisting the economically active poor and graduating the moderate and poorest of the poor into entrepreneurial skills. This will be accomplished through a sustainable Micro Finance (MF) program that provides access to loans, insurance and savings within the Area Development Programs (ADPs). All aspects of the services that MF program delivers are built to lead the development of appropriate models, capacities and systems for Micro enterprise development in Vietnam, resulting in sustainable economic development as part of WVI transformational development ministry throughout ADP communities.
MF Program is structured in two management levels: central office in Hanoi and branch office at provincial and/ or regional level. All direct transactions with clients including clients screening, loan processing and loan collection are carried out at communities’ level through a network of local staff.
At present, MF Program is operating in 5 first branches (10 sub-branches) located in 10 needy ADPs covering 10 districts of 5 provinces.
Purpose of the position:
To support MF Program and the Operation Manager in building up capacity for branch staff and local partners as well as promoting the understanding of key stakeholders on MF Program through marketing and communication plans to achieve the overall program targets
– Bachelor/ college degree, preferred in Business Administration, Finance, Community Development or Economic Development or other related fields,
– Understanding of Microfinance activities, small enterprises development or trends of business,
– Ability to prepare plan and manage financial issues,
– Good verbal communication and marketing skills,
– Good in written and verbal English,
– Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet),
– Be committed to work with the poor and have customer service oriented mindset,
– Active, adaptable and having team spirit,
– Assertive, creative, patient and being integrity,
– Honest, enthusiastic and inquisitive,
– Relevant work experience of 3 to 4 years,
– Working experiences with community development projects, preferably having experience in managing and conducting MF Program or income generation activities and business development services,
– Working experience in marketing, sales or financial service industry.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian humanitarian organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Deadline for application: 20 June 2013
Application documents include:
+ Detailed Curriculum Vitae
+ WV Vietnam’s standard Application Form
Please see MFOperation Officer-JD here.
WVV Application Form and the detailed job description for this position can be found at World Vision Vietnam’s website: www.worldvision.org.vn. Our contact details are:
People & Culture Department
World Vision International – Vietnam
Address: 4th floor, the HEAC building, 14-16 Ham Long street, Hanoi
Tel: 04. 39439920 (ext.118). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org